Virtual prototyping is an effective way to increase product knowledge
Virtual Prototyping and Product Development Simulators
The use of Virtual Prototyping and simulators is growing rapidly in product development. Key drivers are the increasing product complexity and intelligence, especially driven by the software and Internet of Things applications.
Mevea’s Virtual Prototyping is based on the real-time Multi Body Simulation (MBS), including:
- Machinery mechanics
- Actuators, e.g. force-producing elements like hydraulics or power train
- Machine and environment interaction, e.g. work process with soil
External systems can be connected to the simulation via the I/O Interface, e.g.:
- Machine control or automation system hardware and software
- External simulation programs like Simulink®
With the above approach, the whole system simulation is possible in the early phases of product development. This will enable:
- shorter product development cycles
- reduced physical prototyping costs
- better decision-making and better quality of products.
It also facilitates better communication by involving stakeholders such as engineering designers, internal and external customers and product end users. Product life cycle downstream issues can be considered earlier in the product development phase, which will decrease late and expensive design changes.