Mevea simulators have helped Hydroline to develop new kinds of digital products and to grasp new business opportunities
Hydroline is a Finnish family-owned company which designs and manufactures hydraulic cylinders. Back in 2014, Hydroline decided to add digital products to their portfolio. However, they didn’t have a way to present these new products to the clients. Mevea provided them with an excavator simulator that solved the problem.
In addition to showcasing their products to the clients, Hydroline uses the simulator to do software testing.
– The simulator uses actual hydraulic component models. We can get all the necessary sensor data out of it, says Manu Leinonen, Vice President Design and R&D at Hydroline.
Before making the decision on who to partner with, Hydroline compared the different simulator providers. Mevea turned out to be the best choice.
– Our initial impression was that Mevea is a very innovative company that can deliver new kinds of tools for our industry. In the end, it was quite easy to choose Mevea. Their support has been very strong, especially on the technical side, Leinonen says.
An essential tool in product development
The latest and most promising result of the partnership has been the LEO. It’s a new kind of technology that is used to monitor the condition of the hydraulic cylinders.
– LEO collects and analyzes cylinder related sensor data and calculates the estimated lifetime of the cylinders. It has been partly developed with the help of the simulator, Leinonen tells.
– Without the tools from Mevea, we would be lacking one of the key elements of our portfolio, he continues.
A partner that is easy to recommend
The partnership with Mevea has been so good that it’s easy to recommend them to other companies as well. With the help of the simulator, Hydroline has been able to shorten the development times of their products.
– We have been very happy with our partnership with Mevea. I would recommend their services to companies that are aiming for digital markets. With their help, we have been able to take steps towards new digital products and even new business opportunities, Leinonen concludes.
I would recommend Mevea services to companies that are aiming for digital markets. With their help, we have been able to take steps towards new digital products and even new business opportunities.
Manu Leinonen, Vice President, Design and R&D, Hydroline