Train your operators to master the Ship-To-Shore Crane safely and efficiently with the Mevea STS Training Simulator
Ship-to-Shore Training Package
Mevea STS is a versatile training solution for ship-to-shore operations. The standard training simulator package includes pre-loaded scenarios for loading and unloading from the ship in different spots of typical container ships: on the deck, cargo hold and stern deck. It supports various standard container types.
Mevea STS’s Scenario Editor addon allows creation of custom scenarios. Accurate rope modelling and kinematics provide perfect training platform with various hardware solutions.
Combined with the RTG and MHC, the setup becomes a complete solution for the port operations training.
- Highly customizable training solutions.
- Allow faster transfer from a simulator to a real crane compared to traditional training simulators, resulting in better productivity and safety from day one of real crane operation.
- Unique approach to operator consoles design that accurately reflects the physical crane setup and allows to quickly change controls in the simulator.
- Savings in energy usage.
- Higher terminal revenues and profit for the operator when the real cranes are not occupied for training.
- Supporting your goals to meet the requirements of today´s modern port.
Selection of pre-loaded scenarios for quick training deployment.
Customisable training scenarios, including stack, lifts and weather selection.
Productivity, operation accuracy and collision measurements.
Detailed report on the timing of the lift cycle.
Realistic placement of the ITV under the crane according to the commands from the cabin.
Lifts location in row-bay-tier coordinates.
Realistic port lane markings, ship markings, limit switches and slowdowns.
- Outreach 60 m
- Backreach 15 m
- Rail gauge 30 m (Gantry)
- Gantry maximum speed 40 m/min
- Trolley maximum speed 240 m/min
- Hoisting speed (with load/empty) 75/150 m/min
- Lowering speed (with load/empty) 75/135 m/min
- Boom up time 420 s
- Spreader: 20’, 40’, 45’ and 2×20’ (twin lift)
- Over Dimension Cargo (ODC) attachment
- Normal containers 20’, 40’ and 2 x 20’ (twin lift)
- Tank containers 20’ and 40’
- 45’ containers
- Project cargo
- Over dimension cargo
- Four operation areas around the ship:
- Ship bow
- Ship middle
- Ship open cargo hull area
- Ship deck behind accommodation
- Two main joysticks and auxiliary joystick
- Foot pedal for PMR (Personal Mobile Radio) radio
- Foot pedal for alarm sound
- HMI/VMT screen
- HMI (Human Machine Interface): crane operation interface
- VMT (Vehicle Mounted Terminal): job display to operator
- CCTV screen
- Soft consoles, left and right
- Smartbar (visual status lights)
Supported Mevea Simulator Platforms
Mevea Training Packages can be installed on the following Mevea Simulator platforms.
All Simulator Platforms include the Mevea Instructor Station.